Available as a complete bushing kit for $389, or with one bushing set for $285!!
Are you the type of shooter who is tired of playing all the barrel changing games? Are you tired of having to ship your rifle off just to get a new barrel installed? Are you tired of not being able to properly maintain and clean your rifle? ….We have been designing and perfecting the perfect product for you.
Our Modular Barrel Vise allows you to quickly change your barrels whenever and wherever you want. Our innovative hinge lock bolt system allows you to quickly and separate your barrel from your action with unparalleled repeat ability and ease.
Imagine how much money and risk is involved with shipping a complete rifle to get a new barrel vs just an old barrel? Furthermore there are no headspace games to play. Simply torque your action to your barrel and have confidence that your headspace is the same…every time.
One of the best features of our Modular Barrel Vise is that it is just the first part of a complete system that we are developing. The ARCA bottom mount can easily be secured to a milling machine table, a bench top, or on a custom mounting platform like a 2″ square tube for a truck’s receiver hitch. We have other accessories being developed that will secure to the ARCA bottom mount that are intended for rifle care, maintenance and set up. All of this is done within seconds.
Because we built this product to last, our Modular Barrel Vise Kit has a 100% lifetime warranty for all parts manufactured by Short Action Customs!
Our vision is to empower every shooter to take rifle maintenance and barrel changes into their own hands. To provide a product system that gives all shooters the confidence to work on and maintain their own rifles. It all starts with our Modular Barrel Vise.
- Mostly 7075 Aluminum Construction. Made in the U.S.A!
- Excellent gripping strength on the barrel with properly sized bushings with little to no markings on the barrel.
- Only 1 torque bolt for the fastest lock up on any barrel vise.
- Modular system with more accessories to follow.
What is included in the Modular Barrel Vise Kit?
- Barrel Vise Upper
- Barrel Vise Lower
- Connecting Link with 2 black oxide precision ground alloy pins
- Grade 8 1/2 x 20 TPI cap head screw (3/8 Allen) with Grade 8 washer
- ARCA Mounting Base with 2 1/4 x 20 screws. (Quick Adjustable Handles are optional for additional cost). 4.0" hole spacing for ease of mounting.
- Aluminum bushing stand
- Complete bushing set with .865"-.870" Bushings, .925"-.930" Bushings, 1.000" Straight Bushings, 1.200" Straight Bushings, 1.250" Straight Bushings
What additional tools are needed?
- Appropriate action wrench to fit your action
- Breaker bar or torque wrench to apply torque
All of our barrel vises use commonly found "Drywall Joint Tape" to protect the barrel's finish and help grip the barrel. Drywall Joint Tape can be found here.
**Some International Shipping is Available.
Please Send us an Email for International Orders Mark@shortactioncustoms.com **
What do our customers say about the Modular Barrel Vise?
"Hi Mark. We got one of your barrel vice kits delivered to Australia. Came over fine. Finally had my first job where I needed it. Parkerized rem700, G series. I broke the t-handle breaker bar I was using (custom made action bar on the inside of action) I brought out the big breaker bar, and with a 4ft long tube on the handle, the action eventually spun off with a huge bang. Not a mark on the barrel and the action is dead straight and not a mark on that either. Awesome product and does better than I was expecting. Thanks a heap!"